As we celebrate our tenth anniversary, we gratefully remember all those who walked with us during these ten years. We express our deep gratitutde to every one who marched with us in our journey toward empowering the Dalits to live with dignity and respect in India. Without our friends and supporters, we could not have achieved so much in making great difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters who have been considered as impure and untouchables all their lives. Dalit Solidarity has touched many in this short peried by turning their lives around.
During the past year, we reached the following milestones:
- We are now educating over 300 students each year in elementary school, high school, college and graduate school.
- More than twenty students who graduated from schools and colleges have decent jobs and have formed an association to support St.Patrick's Home.
- As result of our efforts, we could see tangible progress when our students have become health care professionals, School teachers.
- Our medical facilities treat over 1500 patients each month, and we opened three new satellite clinics.
- 70% of our community college graduates found employment within six months after graduation.
- We have trained over 150 volunteers to act as First Responders and provide first aid in their villages.
- We have built over 75 homes for tsunami victims and widows.
- We have organised the first ever conference for widows on International women's Day.
- We have two successful milk-cooperative societies run by widows toward their empowerment.